Monday, February 11, 2013

Love Series: Day 12


"The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well." ~Elisabeth Kubler-Ross




Unconditional love...
Wow, when I began looking into this phrase unconditional love I hadn't fully prepared myself for all the questions that came with it. I thought hunting down a good definition would get me started and that would be it. That didn't happen. I started reading different articles, literature, and philosophies on the subject. Believe me there are various philosophies on love out there just depends on which one you subscribe to. 

Diverse views exist everywhere in this world. 

However, despite all the inconsistencies, I think love isn't as complicated as everyone would have you believe. I am a Christian, so my view of unconditional love is based on the ultimate sacrifice and gift of love...Jesus Christ. 

What does God say about unconditional love? "All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful for those who keep the demands of His covenant" (Psalm 25:10). God wants us to love someone no matter what they have done in their past or what they have done to you. 

Does God love us with unconditional love? God's love is not based on anything you have done or will ever do. In fact, "God is not proud. He will have us even though we have shown that we prefer everything else to Him" (C.S. Lewis). His love...His amazing, unconditional love was poured out on Calvary. He wants us to never stop forgiving, loving and helping others. God wants you to be His vessel. Continue to let Him fill you with His love. He will use your forgiveness and love to change someone else's life. Remember you are loved, today and always, no strings attached. "But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy" (Titus 3:4-5).






No comments:

Post a Comment