Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Our Hope

"I am the way and the truth and the life. 
No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14: 4

 Our hope is in Jesus. Celebrate today His perfect love, His wonderful grace, His tender mercy, His almighty power and majesty. Be thankful and give praise for what Jesus has done in your life. I had the wonderful privilege of talking with my nephew about salvation today. He had to write a paper about speaking to someone about the plan of salvation. He has been asking questions for several years now. He loves to read his Bible, but I wasn't sure whether he understood what salvation was. I asked questions. I had him look up the Scriptures in his Bible and read them aloud. Again I asked him questions. Did he understand what it meant to be a sinner? He easily answered. Still I wondered if he truly understood what it meant to become a Christian. His beautiful answer was written in his lesson. he has learned his ABC's (Admit, Believe, Confess)! "If you don't follow these three rules, you will go to a place that you don't want to be at," he writes. He has a long list of things he wants to talk to Jesus about when he gets to Heaven someday, but first he says he just wants to give Jesus a hug and thank Him. It brings tears of joy to my eyes. So beautiful.



"The present is the ever moving shadow that divides yesterday from tomorrow. In that lies hope." ~Frank Lloyd Wright


No comments:

Post a Comment